Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You win again, Burpy McGee!

I hate my coworker.

Well,  maybe hate is too strong a word.   In fact it m ay be, as my father taught me, to strong a word for any situation.  But she's not one of my favorite people.  She rubs me the wrong way, though, simply by being.  There's something absolutely infuriationg about the combination of her diminutive mania, her obnoxious brayings, her propensity to threaten physical violence, her complete lack of humility and etiquette, her refusal to display any sort of humility, and her unrestrained compuslion to share her oppinion on everything from politics to that spoonful of food you're about to shovel into your mouth.

But even more than, or perhaps because of, her many flaws, I find myself incensed by her values.  Her generosity is truly unmatched, and everytime she brings me breakfast the hungry tongues of flame that make up my disdain are subsued, but the embers of my annoyance glow white hot.  How dare you make me like you!

This morning she walked in the office and sat in her seat.  A few moments later the room became noticebaly warm, and I realized that , once again, she'd left the office door wide open.  My inner fire roared to life as I got up to swing the door shut with a slam, and i turned back, ready to tell her off...only to be immediately supplicated with cookies and corn chips.

This is how corruption begins.

1 comment:

Meghann F. Young said...

Burpy McGee?
That is true.
You're being corrupted.

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter