Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Assides

Eerie underwater sculpture finished in Caribbean « Repeating Islands

Its NaNoWriMo and while I'm all for it, prepared with plan and outline and all that jazz, its just not happening so far.  I'll stick to it though.  Perhaps this'll be the year that I actually complete it.  I thought that about last year too, what with my solid and exciting story concept.  But I got caught up by way too many asides.  And now, I'm reminded of one of these asides by the work of Jason deCaires Taylor.  Underwater sculptures.  Its Brilliant!  If I had my own Island here in Belize i'd opt for an underwater sculpture garden of my own.  A resting place for Jonas Black and Thom Shift.



Full
fathom five thy father lies;

Of his bones are coral made;

Those are pearls that were his eyes:

Nothing of him that doth fade

But doth suffer a sea-change

Into something rich and strange.

Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell:

Ding-dong.

Hark! now I hear them, ding-dong, bell.

The Tempest, 1. 2



No comments:

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter