Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can we talk about sex for a minute?

I've been feeliong a little repressed to tell the truth.  Now, this could be another instance of me writing about how I haven't been writing, but lets just fast forward past all that, yes?  Felene said to write about what's real.  Well, real life is mostly boring, but nothing really cem ebts reality into place quite like sex.  i could go all psuedo-existential and tirade on about th e melding of souls and selves, or make a list of the bits of my sexual partners that h ave left permanent stains on my personal essence, but no.  That would involve far too many sidebars for any one conversation.  For now, lets settle on sex and reality.  That is, the reality we most easily perceive with all six of our senses.

 I like sex.  A lot.  I think it would be safe to say that everyone likes sex, but Oh!  You hate sex compared to how much I like sex!  And yet, its something I don't really talk about.  Not outright anyway.  Sure I may be suggestive at times, but you won't catch me having a long conversation about it.  Its not as though I'm ashamed of it.  In fact, there's a part of me that's been yearning to scream at the top of my lungs: "I've been having AMAZING sex!"  The trouble with that is, while it may be all well and good to display my own dirty laundry, sex tends to be, at the very least, a two person deal.  Therefore, it becomed unavoidable that my pertner's unmentionables should get mixed up in the wash.  i've taken off my pants int eh middle of night clubs and lobbed coins at strippers.  i have no shame.  My partner, on the other hand...well, lets just say that if I intend to keep her as a partner, then the less I say the better.

 So how do i brook that balance between the urge to brag about post-coital paralysis and maintain respect for my woman's prvicay and image?  Will I ever fin an answer to that?

I'm reminded, though, of something once written by someone awesome.  'Sex is nothing to be ashamed of.  But it is private.

[Written...probably in late January, 2009.  Again, no date.]

No comments:

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter