Monday, February 22, 2010

Random Memory

So this one time my mom was choking.  I can't remember what she was doing.  Eating chocolate or mixed nuts or something.  But we were both on the couch, just chillin, and all of a sudden:  "GAAAAASP!  ACK!  KAF!  AHACK!  ACK!"

My mind immediately went to all the first aid training I'd seen Merri giving.  So, I start with what she calls the 'Keith Swift Question'

"Mom?  Mom, are you choking?"

Her response?

"GHASP!  WHEEEEZE!  ACK!  KAF!"

Alright then, that confirms that she isn't only choking, but that she needs immediate help.  So, I start with step two.  I stand her up and turn her around, and with one hand holding her shoulders straight I give her a single, firm strike to the back.  SMACK!

Immediately she reels and SLAPS THE SHIT OUT OF ME!

"Weh di RASS wrong with you!"  She screams.  "You nuh  DO that to people!"  And she ran off to drink a glass of water.

Sometimes I wonder if it would't have been better to let her choke.

No comments:

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter