Tuesday, April 20, 2010

July 17th, 2009

[Fighting writer's block]

To my distant lover.

When I said always
What I meant was...always.
And what I meant by that was--


I could take the disarray of stars and fit the universe in my throat.  I could spit out constellations an d have them  line up obediently on paper.  I could make metaphors out of lava fields and sulfur an d cradle the uinatainable in my arms as if it had just been born into something raw an d touchable.

And I could do this all with little more than an empt field, the crushed, bleached an d dried remains of a tree, th e feather of a bird an d something to dip in for ink.

Yes, my God loves me, and he lets m e borrow a little taste of his power during special moments I call 'inspiration'

No comments:

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter