Tuesday, June 2, 2009

List of things done

With just a half hour left in the work day I've decided to put together a list of things I've accomplished today, and rate their actual importance to me on a scale of 1 to ten.  One being 'I actually forgot I did that for a little while there', and 10 being 'Yes!  I am a Bulwark of Productivity!'.  Okay, Here goes.

  1. This morning I managed to somehow walk out of the house in the same shirt I walked out of the house in yesterday.  Importance: 1
  2. Walked to work instead of hitching a ride or calling a cab.  Importance: 5.  I'm pretty sure this is what has me losing so much weight.  This, or a tapeworm.
  3. Arrived at work late.  Set up projector in conference room for brief meeting, cleared my desk, and did some quick computer majick before anyone really noticed.  Importance: 4.  Okay, 5 I guess.  Keeping up this ruse is what's keeping me employed at this point.
  4. Completely failed at math.  I was explaining to the nice lady who's doing I don't know what with us here, that the 24 computers were all doing eleven years worth of climate modelling, spanning from 1960 to 2100.  She asked me what the other ten were doing, and I went 'Duhhhhh"  Yes, its 14 decades between 1960 and 2100.  What are the others doing?  Uhm...Maybe its up to 2200?  Importance: 4 (A complete stranger thinks your an idiot.  Go cry, Emo kid.)
  5. Had lunch on the company tab, through a fuck-up that wasn't mine (for once!).  Importance: 3
  6. FAILED to pick up my transcripts because I was busy having lunch on the company tab.  Importance: 8.  (WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!)
  7. Blanked out at my desk for two hours.  Importance: 1.
Blanking out is weird.  Its like my brain's way of saying 'You obviously don't need me right now, so I'm gonna go take a nap.'  And it happens...a lot.


No comments:

The in-betweens

    follow me on Twitter